Archive for the ‘Chocolate Puppy Chow Recipe’ Category
Crispix Puppy Chow Recipe
Kellogg Crispix Puppy
You may be asking yourself, “Why is this recipe called Puppy Chow?” And the truth is, I have no idea why we call it that. What I do know, is that it’s a quick, easy, kid-pleasing snack. You can throw it together in a matter of minutes.
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
9 cups Crispix cereal (any flavor)
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave for one minute then stir to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Add 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Stir well.
3. Place the 9 cups of Crispix cereal in a very large bowl.
4. Pour the peanut butter-chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss evenly, making sure all the cereal gets a good covering.
5. Coat with powdered sugar, sprinkling evenly over the cereal and tossing as you sprinkle to cover each piece well.
Melt butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips. Mix in box of cereal and gently stir to coat. Transfer mixture to paper bag and sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Holding bag shut, shake to thoroughly coat mixture. Transfer to plastic container and refrigerate for two hours to set the chocolate.