Archive for the ‘Pet Costumes Dogs & Kids’ Category
Dog Costumes Children
- white knit cotton fabric
- black and grey felt (for belt)
- brown yarn
- brown ribbon (for tie)
1. Measure from ear to ear the top of your dog’s head, the width of the top of the head, and if they have long ears, how long the ears drop down.
2. Take your brown yarn and approximate based on your measurements an adequate length of yarn. I went about 12″ to be safe.
3. Keep gathering your yarn at 12″ intervals from end to end until you see you have enough yarn for a scalp of hair.
4. Using an index card or junk mail flyer (I did this) flatten the yarn hair on the card and center the yarn to create the hairline.
5. Using a sewing machine, sew across the card and yarn in a straight line.
6. Take the yarn + card out form your machine and carefully rip away the card.
7. Place the unfinished hair on your dog’s head and note you’d like the buns to start. Use a piece of yarn to tie this area.
8. To create the buns: sing long strips of yarn twist it in a single strip first and wrap it around to create a bun. Use Aleene’s tacky glue at various points of the bun to set the yarn in place. Do this again for the second bun.
9. Place the buns near your marked area and eyeball how it will look. Then trim the excess yarn from the hair piece.
10. Glue the buns to the end of the yarns from the head piece.
11. To place this on your dog, glue ribbon along the inside of the yarn hair and leave enough room to tie under your dog’s head.
Christmas Attire That’s Fit for Fido:
Christmas is a time for sharing and that includes sharing with man’s best friend, your dog. Getting into the spirit of the season for many people means decorating fido as well as the tree. In the pet trade, it’s called adding humanizing accessories.
Disney Themed Halloween:
Halloween is fast approaching and it’s time to decide which disney dog costumes Halloween costumes to wear this season! Help your child dress up in a Disney themed costume this Halloween and let him or her stand out from the rest of the children. Dress your cuties as Tinkerbell, the stubborn pixie in the favourite bedtime story Peter Pan and dazzle everyone around the party. Or your little boys can dress up as Peter Pan, the boy who will never grow up or Captain Hook and begin new adventures in Neverland. How about dressing up as Princess Jasmine for your girls or Aladdin for boys? Choose also from the widest selections of Disney Princesses. If you want a more traditional one, you can be Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Daisy Duck or anything you like. There are also evil Disney queens and witches to choose from if you want to look evil and have a spooky Halloween.